I’m Osman Goni Nahid, Born and live in Bangladesh, Love to work with challenge, passion and new technology.
I am a graduate of Software Engineering and currently working in the position of Lead Full Stack Engineer at a B2B and cloud platform service (PaaS) based company based in Singapore, named Ekkbaz.
I put a lot of time in competitive programming (ACM ICPC) during my university life and participated 10+ National contest. In my 3+ years of career, although my working area was mostly on Web technologies, Mobile application, IoT, Cloud data & service Provider companies like Inovio, LocalInsights, Power GP Ltd & ThirstyCrows where I played roles Full Stack Engineer, Software Engineer, Lead Engineer, I am more focused on fundamentals of computer programming, data structure, algorithm & software engineering, which allows me to learn and getting used to with any kind of technologies quickly. I have several side projects and contribute some open source project too. The most notable one is an open source sentence based bangla programming platform potaka(); which is currently one and only programming learning platform for novices in Bangla available at potaka.io. An application I have also developed with my friends/team that help a farmer to identify disease of crops named AgroSkyLab which won the Champion in People Choice category at NASA Space Apps Challenge - 2016. My career goal is to work with distributed system, embedded software engineering and ultimately Internet of things.
What I’m looking for?
I want to travel, I want to work and travel at the same time, working 100% remotely.
I prefer to work with people that love the product we are creating, putting a lot of effort to improve what we are creating. People that really love coding.I believe I am capable to accept new challenges and meet my employer expectation who likes the Unix environment for development.
I learn fast, early adopt and continuously explore with innovation.
Flexible hours and flexible days will be a must. I want to manage my own schedule.
As you can see, this is a “perfect job”. Meaning, you can offer something that do not full fill this points. We can negotiate it.
Note: I want to continue working in NodeJS & Django. I prefer Backend, but frontend using ReactJS could be a good option and Mobile application with native or React-Native could be a fun. Also have some familiarity and interest with DevOps stuffs.
Glad to work with
- AWS (EC2, Unix Instance, Lambda, S3-Bucket)
- CI & Deployment (CircleCI, Jenkins, Docker, PythonFabric)
- Database (MongoDB, Postgres, CosmosDB, Realm)
- Bangla - Native speaker
- Writing: I have no problems to chat and keep a written communication. In my last 3 years I have been working using JIRA and talking by chat to keep my team in sync. (coworkers mainly from Singapore, US, Qatar, Australia)
- Speaking & Listening: When talking about technical stuffs, I have no problem, but, I feel like my vocabulary is not big as I would like it to be, so sometimes, in small talks or non-technical-talks, I find myself stuck, but not a big deal.
A bit of my history
From 2013 I started Software Engineering bachelor course at University, During University life I put a lot of time in competitive programming (ACM ICPC) during my university life and participated 10+ National programming contest. And started learning Android Mobile Application development besides study. Fortunately, I got a Job offer in middle of my University-life from a local company to join as Android Application Developer then started there…
From 2014 to 2016 I always worked in personal (and job) projects using always the same technologies (creating and setting up absolutely everything on my own).
- Android (Java,XML)
- C/C++/Python (Problem Solving/Contest)
- SQLite, MySQL
Then, I left my happy Mobile-Apps-Dev-life and I started working using another stack:
- Ubuntu server (setting it up using Vagrant)
- PHP (Slim , Laravel & Raw)
This stack was super productive for me until mid 2016, moment where I got opportunity to work on NodeJS, ReactJS, Django, AWS and Firebase. So now, my stack for personal projects has this shape:
- NodeJS/Express (Backend)
- Python/Django (Backend)
- Firebase Hosting for static serving
- Firebase Functions and Firebase Database for no-sql database and backend (creating some kind of REST API in Firebase Functions)
- React (+JSX) + Redux + Thunks + Reselect as frontend
^ This is my current Stack.
REST API, frontend with
Django and/or Express + SQL + NoSQL & Non-Relational-DB (like Postgres, Mongo). Full ECMAScript stack.
Companies where I worked?
- Home. The best place to improve knowledge randomly. I’m always working in personal projects to improve knowledge in different technologies.
- Power GP BD Ltd. ~1.2 years working as Android developer, doing mobile application stuffs. (It’s kind of outsource based software factory)
- Inovio Inc. ~1.3 years. Huge public software company cloud platform based service provider. Full Stack Developer (NodeJS, Python/Django, ReactJS). Working at Disney projects.
- Ekkbaz. Currently working here. Startup based on Singapore. Working as Senior Software Engineer (NodeJS, React-Native and ReactJS sometimes Python), mostly working in the Backend team. Collaborating on (Frontend) ReactJS & React-Native team.
So, as you can see, I worked at Huge public company and Startups.
Full list of tech that I have dealt with (in my whole life, in chronological order)
- Java (Android)
- Python (Django, Fabric)
- Swift (iPhone Application Dev)
- PHP (Laravel, Slim)
- Package Manager (npm, yarn, cocoapods, composer, pip)
- HTML (but not CSS)
- SQL Server (Microsoft)
- Azure (Table Storage, CosmosDB, DocumentDB)
- Mobile Database (ORMLite, Realm, Active-Android)
- Scrum, Agile
- Tools (JIRA, VSTS, Trello, Asana)
- AWS (EC2, Unix server, S3-Bucket, Lambda-Function)
- Azure (VM, server, azure-function, azure-cli)
- CI, Docker, Jenkins
- Third-party APIs (Facebook Graph API, Google API, Linkedin, Different Payment APIs, Auth0, PubNub, Firebase, ScreenLeap, Twilio)
Some of my proud
- Potaka(): Project to learn programming in Bengali for new comers in programming world.
- Socio: Project full of Node and MongoDB. Using Twitter, GooglePlus and Facebook API Auto look for tweets/posts with geolocation, useful to understand where (geolocalization) is the people that is tweeting/posting about some hashtag. (Ongoing)
- DevsWhere: Project to learn more about Express, MongoDB, React, Redux, and more.
- NDA-Signed-Projects: Some awesome and challenging project I’ve done at Job or Freelance.
- I’m super sociable.
- #beer, #music, #reading, #sharing #problem-solving, #sleeping
- I love traveling, a lot.
- Sometimes I take courage and write tech blog
|Content from cell 1
||Content from cell 2
|Content in the first column
||Content in the second column